Video is a powerful way to show others what your organization does and and inspires others to get involved in your cause. Making one is easier than you might think, and it can help spread your message to potential donors and volunteers, as well as those in need. Click here for some video production tips as a nonprofit organization.
Why use video? You can use video to:
- Bring to life the impact your charity is having
- Build awareness of your cause
- Recruit volunteers and generate donations
- Share your charity’s story and inspire others
YouTube is a good place to showcase your videos. You can even create your own branded YouTube channel and get people subscribing. Plus you can see how many people have viewed it, and who they are.
YouTube Not-for-Profit Program
To see if you’re eligible for benefits through YouTube Not-for-Profit Program, you will need to first see if you are eligible for the Google Nonprofits Program (we walk you through the Google Nonprofits Program application process in the new Google Ad Grants Step-By-Step Guide as you have to first apply to the Google Nonprofits Program to receive Google Ad Grants).
Are you eligible for Google for Nonprofits?
Make sure your organization meets the following requirements:
- To be eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program, organizations must:
- Hold current 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service; and
- Acknowledge and agree to the application’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google for Nonprofits:
- Governmental entities and organizations;
- Hospitals and health care organizations;
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). To learn more about Google’s programs for educational institutions, visit Google in Education.
- Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization’s application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google’s sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.